Mr. Steven K. Burke
July 25, 2006
Page 8 of 9
liabilities, damages, expenses (including attorneys fees) judgments, fines and amounts incurred by you in connection with any claim, action, suit or proceeding (whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative), including any action by or in the right of the Company, by reason of any act or omission to act in connection with the performance of your duties hereunder to the fullest extent that the Company is permitted to indemnify you against the foregoing under applicable law. The Company shall at all times cause you to be included, in your capacities hereunder, under all liability insurance coverage (or similar insurance coverage), including directors and officers liability insurance, maintained by the Company.
15. Withholding. All payments made by the Company under this Agreement shall be reduced by any tax or other amounts required to be withheld by the Company under applicable law.
16. Assignment and Successors. The Company may assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations hereunder in whole, but not in part, to any Company or other entity with or into which the Company may hereafter merge or consolidate, or to which the Company may transfer all or substantially all of its assets, if in any such case said Company or other entity shall by operation of law or expressly in writing assume all obligations of the Company hereunder as fully as if it had been originally made a party hereto, and may not otherwise assign this Agreement or its rights and obligations hereunder. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights or obligations hereunder.
17. Severability. If any portion or provision of this Agreement shall to any extent be declared illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of this Agreement, or the application of such portion or provision in circumstances other than those as to which it is so declared illegal or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and each portion and provision of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Waiver. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by the waiving party. The failure of either party to require the performance of any term or obligation of this Agreement, or the waiver by either party of any breach of this Agreement, shall not prevent any subsequent enforcement of such term or obligation or be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach.
19. Notices. Any and all notices, requests, demands and other communications provided for by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be effective when delivered in person, consigned to a reputable national courier service or deposited in the United States mail, postage prepaid, registered or certified, and addressed to you at your last known address on the books of the Company or, in the case of the Company, at its principal place of business, attention of the Chair of the Board, or to such other address as either party may specify by notice to the other actually received.