amount. Promptly after Landlords receipt of Tenants request for a reduction as described above. Landlord shall determine whether such a reduction is permitted in accordance with this Section 6, and if it is, Landlord shall notify the issuer of the Letter of Credit of the amount to which the Letter of Credit shall be reduced.
7. The parties agree that during the Term, upon request of Tenant, to be made no more frequently than once per month, Landlord shall clean out the sink and drain located within the Premises at Landlords sole cost and expense.
8. (A) On the conditions (which conditions Landlord may waive by written notice to Tenant) that at the time of exercise of the option to extend and at the commencement date of the extension option period (i) there exists no Event of Default (defined in Section 7.1) and there have been no more than two (2) Event of Default occurrences during the Term, (ii) this Lease is still in full force and effect, and (iii) Tenant has neither assigned this Lease nor sublet the Premises except for an assignment or subletting permitted without Landlords consent under Section 5.6.4 hereof, Tenant shall have the right to extend the Term hereof upon all the same terms, conditions, covenants and agreements herein contained (except for the Annual Fixed Rent which shall be adjusted during the option periods as hereinbelow set forth) for one (1) period of one (1) year as hereinafter set forth. Notwithstanding any implication to the contrary Landlord has no obligation to make any additional payment to Tenant in respect of any construction allowance or the like or to perform any work to the Premises as a result of the exercise by Tenant of such option.
(B) If Tenant desires to exercise said option to extend the Term, then Tenant shall give notice to Landlord (Exercise Notice), not earlier than twelve (12) months nor later than nine (9) months prior to the expiration of the Term, as it may have been previously extended, hereunder of Tenants request for Landlords quotation (Landlords Rent Quotation) of the annual fair market rent for the Premises as of the commencement date of the extension period, such quotation to be based on the use of the Premises as first class office space utilizing properties of a similar character within the Boston West Suburban market and including consideration of all relevant factors (including, without limitation, premises within the Complex if at the time such quotation is requested such premises shall be available for rent) (hereinafter called the Annual Market Rent). Within thirty (30) days after Landlords receipt of Tenants notice requesting such a quotation, Landlord shall notify Tenant of Landlords quotation of the Annual Market Rent. If at the expiration of fifteen (15) days after the date when Landlord provides Landlords Rent Quotation to Tenant as aforesaid (the Negotiation Period), Landlord and Tenant have not reached agreement on a determination of an Annual Fixed Rent for such extension period and executed a written instrument extending the Term of this Lease pursuant to such agreement, then Tenant shall have the right, for fifteen (15) days following the expiration of the Negotiation Period, to make a request to Landlord for a broker determination (the Broker Determination) of the Prevailing Market Rent (as defined in Exhibit A attached hereto) for such extension period, which Broker Determination shall be made in the manner set forth in Exhibit A. If Tenant timely shall have requested the Broker Determination, then the Annual Fixed Rent for such extension period shall be the Prevailing Market Rent as determined by the Broker Determination. If Tenant does not timely request the Broker Determination, then the Annual
Fixed Rent during such extension term shall be equal to the greater of (a) Landlords Rent Quotation or (b) the Annual Fixed Rent in effect during the last twelve (12) month period of the Lease Term immediately prior to such extension term.
(C) Upon the giving of the Exercise Notice by Tenant to Landlord exercising Tenants option to extend the Lease Term in accordance with the provisions of Section 8(B) above, then this Lease and the Term hereof automatically shall be deemed extended for the option period, without the necessity for the execution of any additional documents (except that Landlord and Tenant agree to enter into an instrument in writing setting forth the Annual Fixed Rent for the extension term as determined in the relevant manner set forth in this Section 8); and in such event all references herein to the Term or the term of this Lease shall be construed as referring to the Term, as so extended, unless the context clearly otherwise requires and except that there shall be no further option to extend the Lease Term.
9. (A) Tenant warrants and represents that Tenant has not dealt with any broker in connection with the consummation of this Third Amendment other than Jones Lang Lasalle (the Broker); and in the event any claim is made against Landlord relative to dealings by Tenant with brokers other than the Broker, Tenant shall defend the claim against Landlord with counsel of Tenants selection first approved by Landlord (which approval will not be unreasonably withheld) and save harmless and indemnify Landlord on account of loss, cost or damage which may arise by reason of such claim.
(B) Landlord warrants and represents that Landlord has not dealt with any broker in connection with the consummation of this Third Amendment other than the Broker; and in the event any claim is made against Tenant relative to dealings by Landlord with brokers other than the Broker, Landlord shall defend the claim against Tenant with counsel of Landlords selection first approved by Tenant (which approval will not be unreasonably withheld) and save harmless and indemnify Tenant on account of loss, cost or damage which may arise by reason of such claim. Landlord agrees that it shall be solely responsible for the payment of any brokerage commission to the Broker with respect to this Third Amendment pursuant to a separate agreement.
10. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, all capitalized terms used herein without definition shall have the same meanings as are set forth in the Lease.
11. Except as herein amended the Lease shall remain unchanged and in full force and effect. All references to the Lease shall be deemed to be references to the Lease as amended and as herein amended.
12. Each of Landlord and Tenant hereby represents and warrants to the other that all necessary action has been taken to enter this Third Amendment and that the person signing this Third Amendment on its behalf has been duly authorized to do so.